Saturday, April 12, 2008

Slip-n-Sliding in the City

Tonight was a classic night in San Francisco and explains why I've loved my time in this city. It was an unusually warm night, the kind of night that comes around only a few times of year. Everyone was reveling in the great weather by congregating outside on the streets, in the parks, and... on the slip-n-slide.

My friends and I thought it'd be great to have burritos and beers tonight at Dolores Park. It was a picturesque night with friends and got alot cooler when a nearby picnic party of roughly forty people hopped into their bathing suits and rolled out the slip-n-slide. This sight brought me back to my childhood, as I was an avid slip-n-slider. Everyone was laughing, cheering and having a good time as single and group slip-n-sliders made their way down the slippery surface.

It's events like these that make San Francisco unique and vibrant. It's this spontaneity and unpredictability that makes me realize how great it is to be young and alive. I wish that I brought my bathing suit because I would've been in the middle of the fun by pretending that I was sliding head first into home plate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bathing suit? The only reason you didn't was because you "didn't have a bathing suit?" What a poor excuse.
- Nancy