Tuesday, April 15, 2008

SFO --> SLC --> JAC

I just got home from my trip to San Francisco. The past six days have been great, as I was able to spend alot of time with Laura, Koda and my friends and get a good sense of the job market in the Bay Area. I'll be officially moving back on Monday, April 28th, so it's time to get things in place that will ensure a smooth transition.

After flying from San Francisco Airport into Salt Lake City, I made the 270 miles drive north to Jackson and found myself conflicted. It's interesting how I can so easily adapt to my environments. When in SF, I felt at home. I was soaking up the city life and enjoying the convenience of everything. Once off the airplane and in the middle of the mountains, I stared up and was completely awestruck by their presence. SLC is one of the coolest airports to fly into because of its proximity to staggering tall Wasatch Mountain range. Immediately, I found myself thinking how great it is to live in the mountains.

It's this quick change of appreciation that has me bewildered. Should I be living in a city where life is so exciting and work opportunities are endless? Or should I be living in the mountains where life is slower and my passion is constantly within my grasps? I know that I'm one step closer to figure out the answer by living here in Jackson.

No comments: