Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Free Airport Parking

Want free airport parking the next time you fly? Here you go...

Make a reservation with a hotel that provides shuttle service to the airport with some kind of deal for parking and lodging. For my trip to SF, I made my reservation with a hotel close to the Salt Lake City airport. For $80, I could park my car for up to 14 days in the hotel's parking lot and stay one night at the end of my trip at the hotel. The catch is that my credit card wouldn't be charged until I spent the night and checked out of the hotel. When I picked up my car yesterday at the hotel, the shuttle driver didn't know if I had already stayed nor did he care. Because I never spent the night at the hotel, I saved $60 on parking at the airport.

You can all thank Brian Quinn for this posting. Without his encouragement, this blog posting might've gone unpublished. Thanks, Mr. B.J. Quinn.

No comments: