Friday, April 25, 2008

Sean's Departure from Jackson

Sean has come and gone from Jackson. After being on vacation for three weeks, he arrived in Jackson late-last night and planned to stay for less than a day so that he could pick up his things, help clean the apartment, and say goodbye. Admirably, he stuck to his plan and is on the road to Park City, UT now.

It was tough seeing him go for many reasons. Most of all, his departure means I'm one step closer to leaving here. His leaving also brings our season to a final close, which was incredible for us.

I like to think that we pushed each other in various ways and raised the bar to a newly defined potential. We even made it through the season without incurring a serious injury while constantly skiing like bats out of hell. Thanks in part to Sean, I ski faster and more confidently than ever before.

I'm glad that he chose to come on this ride, which he learned about in a faithful phone call that I made to him last February about a "crazy" idea. I had wanted to only share this idea with him; I had no other provocative. Thankfully, he too saw the great opportunity in it and made it a priority. Without question, he made my experience in Jackson alot better.

It's the end of this chapter for us. Without doubt, we'll ski with each other again soon. Hopefully, we'll find ourselves living and skiing in the same ski town down the road...

No comments: