Monday, February 18, 2008

NEW MUSIC !!!

Today, I received my third care package. It was from my friend, Ben, and included some new music that we've been talking about over the phone. With Ben being my friend that's possibly most into music, which says alot with the friends that I've made along the way, I trust his recommendations and am excited to listen to:
  • Sigur Ros' "Takk"
  • LCD Soundsystem's "Sound of Silver"
  • Andrew Byrd's "The Mysterious Production of Eggs"
  • Pheonix's "Its Never Been Like That"
  • Stateless' "Stateless"
  • Belle & Sebastian's "The Life Pursuit"
  • The Shins' "Wincing the Night Away"
  • John Mayer's "Continuum" (I know what you're thinking. He's gotten a bad rap and is supposed to be a phenomenal blues guitarist.)
  • Kings of Leo's "Because of the Times"
Receiving new music is the best. I find that it's a great way to filter through all of the unknown and not-so-good bands. It also allows me to be smart with my money and only buy music that I really like.

As most of you know, I'm always on the hunt for new music. Feel free to send me music recommendations or even new music. This latter act will not only make my day, but will make you really famous! Trust me.
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The last album is actually Kings of Leon. I think you'll really enjoy that one. My favorite track is the first one, Knocked Up.