Friday, February 15, 2008

I Can't Stand the Anticipation...

Laura and Koda come out to visit today. I can't wait to see them! Their visit is one of the reasons why I'm up at 7 am blogging away.

It'll be a full day before I see them. I need to clean up my apartment this morning, so it doesn't look so much like a bachelor pad. It's actually not that bad, but I've learned along the way that girls definitely expect (and deserve) a different level for cleanliness. Once my place is in order, I'll work for a few hours so that I can continue making the people at Langtech happy with my deliverables and paying the bills.

Laura's sister, Krissy, and brother-in-law, David, get in this morning. They'll be here to Monday with their two Dobermans, Ruby and Aries. It's going to be wild to see Koda play with them (and the pups), as Krissy is as crazy about dogs as her sister. I'll entertain them this afternoon by cruising around with them at the local ski hill, Snow King. It would've been nice to ski "the village" (aka Jackson Hole in Locals terms") with them, but the $55 price of a half-day ticket scared us away. Yet again, I'm baffled at how ski resorts find it acceptable to charge this much for THREE HOURS of skiing and only 28% less for this ticket than a full-day ticket, where you can ski for more than 50% of the time. Does this math add up? I don't think so.

Anyways, my rant is behind me. After skiing with them, I'll get on the road for a 90-minute drive to Idaho Falls, Idaho, where I'll be picking up Laura and Koda. It's gonna be so nice to see them, so I can't wait for this part of the day...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You really have to go to Idaho to pick them up? What's the closest airport?