Thursday, December 6, 2007

My New Pad

For those of you dying to send me care packages, your day has finally arrived. My mailing address is:
John McMahon
P.O. Box 14722
Jackson, WY 83002
Feel free to send me anything that you think I might like, e.g.
NY bagels, Chicago deep dish pizza, music, etc... Whatever it is, I won't complain. Trust me.

Since many of you are wondering what my new bachelor pad looks like, I've taken some pictures. Please click on the image to the right and expect to be redirected to a Picasa Web Album. By the way, if you don't have (or even know about) Google's Picasa software, you must download it. It's hands down the best free software tool out there for managing, optimizing and sharing photos.

Back to my new apartment... It's nothing fancy, but it's just right for what I need for this ski season. It's a two-bedroom apartment that's comfortable and comes with two parking spaces. (Parking in the Mission or the Lower Haight of SF was never this easy.) I'm sharing it with my good friend, Sean, who I know from working with at a ski shop on Long Island. The apartment's location is incredible, as it's walking distance from supermarkets, a movie store (note: there's just one in town) and the post office and an easy 20-minute drive to Jackson Hole Ski Resort.

You must be wondering, why is the drive to the ski resort so far? Well, Jackson is the closest town to the ski resort that has most of the things you need for every day life. Of course, there's Teton Village, which is at the base of the ski resort. But, this village doesn't have much to offer other than swanky hotels, private condos, ski shops and the Mangy Moose, which is a great bar
.

The mountain received 8-10" last night, so I'm off to ski Day 6 of the season...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pad!

Sorry to hear about your car.

How long do you think it will be before you get tired of all those nice people?

Anonymous said...

John...look who will be at the Mangy Moose:

Galactic
Tuesday Feb 12, 2008
Mangy Moose Saloon
Teton Village, WY
With Chali 2na (of Jurassic 5)

Unknown said...

The apartment reminds me of college. Do you have a black light? Love it bro.

Anonymous said...

Where's the Farah poster that's supposed to be on your bedroom wall? Dude!