Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Comes a Few Days Early This Year

Through the help of my brothers, I was able to fix my external hard drive without sending it to the manufacturer. The solution was as simple as taking the drive apart and physically knocking the drive back into its correct position. This simple solution not only saved me hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars, but it put my prized photos and music files safely back into my hands.

This week at home has been great so far. And, it’s not even Christmas! I’ve seen almost everyone that I hoped to see, ate all of the kinds of food that I hoped to eat, and visited old stomping grounds that I hoped to visit. The highlight of my trip thus far has to be the day trip that I made into the city with my Mom to see the holiday sights. The day took us to the following sites:
• Lunch at Little Poland Restaurant on the Lower East Side
• The Union Square Outdoor Holiday Market
• The Christmas tree and ice skating rink at Rockefeller Center
• The store-front windows of Saks Fifth Avenue
• St. Patrick’s Cathedral
• The Macy’s windows

Click here to see my photo albumYou can click on the above photo to see my photo album from this day.

After five hours of pounding the pavement, I put my Mom on the Long Island Railroad and headed out to unwind in the city’s nightlife with my brothers, sister and sister-in-law. We treated ourselves to a great meal at ‘inoteca, which is a restaurant in the East Village that serves up tasty Italian small plates and delicious wines. Their best dish has to be their Truffle Egg Toast, which is an over-easy egg that’s served in a crispy baguette, drizzled in truffle oil and served over a bed of chopped “al dente” asparagus. Like most nights in the city, we set up camp at an Irish pub for a few night ending drinks. In all, it was a great visit to the city and time well-spent with the family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John,

Regarding your hard drive...

You should have 2 copies of all your photos and music. Back it up! Fully redundant in 2008! Holla!!!