Sunday, December 9, 2007

$3,027.12

Can you guess what this dollar amount bought me? I'll give you a second to ponder this question and come up with an answer.
...
...
Ok. Your second is up. The answer is:
* A new windshield
* A new front, driver-side fender with a painted finish
* A new front, driver-side door shell with a painted finish
* A sealant kit for the windshield
* A blended paint finish on my front bumper
* A blended paint finish on my existing rear, driver-side door shell

Thankfully, my insurance company, Geico, is picking up all of the bill, except for the $500 deductible. Given the situation, I'm happy with how things turned out and realize how it could've been much worse, as I could've been hurt and/or totaled my car. I just hope the deer is recovering happily at the fish and wildlife shelter.

Since I'll be leaving for NY on Friday for the holidays and the local body shop is scheduling work three weeks out from today, I've pleaded with them to replace my windshield before I hit the road for the Pocatello, ID airport and complete the rest of the body work when I return just after the new year. Let's keep our fingers crossed because this 140-mile drive each way could be more interesting than it needs to be for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy shit! Glad you survived! Poor bambi! Have fun, Red! Dennis

Anonymous said...

You should have had the deer for dinner.... Oh, wait, you don't do meat, sorry.