Saturday, January 12, 2008

70 inches in the past 10 days!!!

It keeps on snowing and feels like it won't stop. What a feeling! I truly am living in a skier's paradise.

I love La Nina snow years!!! "The La Nina phenomenon, the so-called evil twin sister of El Nino, which also affects global climate, [brings] more than the usual amount of cold and snow", says Dawn Walton of globeandmail.com. There have been fresh tracks (aka untouched fresh snow) every day for the past 10 days, which included two overnight, 14-inch dumps. And, there's light, slightly chopped up knee-deep powder where there aren't fresh tracks. These conditions have made the first two weeks of 2008 memorable for all skiers experiencing them.

I'm off to the slopes for my 21st day of the season. In the meantime, keep praying to the snow gods for me. And, think snow!

No comments: