Wednesday, January 2, 2008

5,876 : 20 : 4 : -1

Do we have any cryptographers among us? Has anyone gotten too caught up in the "Da Vinci Code"? If so, tell me the meaning of the numbers in this blog posting title.
...
Still thinking.
...
Stuck yet?
...
OK, the torture is over. Here's your answer. The numbers represent respectively:
  • The miles that I traveled during the holidays.
  • The total days that I was away on my trip.
  • The US states that I stepped foot in while away.
  • The temperature that I was greeted by on my return to Jackson.
The highlights of my holiday trip include:
  • The day trip into NYC with my mom.
  • The sleepover that I had with my niece, Katie (kT, notice that this is my first shout out to you! You're famous just like me!!!) and my nephew, Ryan, which included sitting down with my brother, Michael, and fixing my external hard drive.
  • Teaching Katie how to cook my famous marinara sauce and home-made garlic bread and having her be my sous chef along the way.
  • Watching an unbelievable number of English Premier League soccer games. Go Arsenal!
  • Playing touch football on Christmas Eve day with my boys, Kuntz and Richards, and some of their friends. (If you were wondering, I stole the show with six touchdown grabs.)
  • With Laura, watching Koda, our 4-month old male wirefox terrier pup, off-lease in a fenced-in dog park and then a non-fenced-in dog park play with other dogs and not stray from us, all the while being an instigator to all dogs no matter their size. (I must say that I'm most proud of the end of this statement because I too have a little Napoleonic syndrome in me.)
Even though the past three weeks have been great and well spent, it's really good to be back in Jackson. It's especially good because I know that I won't be leaving anytime soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you post a link with a recipe for your famous marinara sauce?