Friday, March 14, 2008

18"!!!

I can't believe my eyes. You wouldn't either if you read today's snow report, at: http://jacksonhole.com/weather.snow.report.asp. As we all know, it's mid-march. AND, we just received 18 brand spanking new inches of snow. I'm in denial... and incredibly thrilled to be heading out right now for an epic ski day.

Even the reporter wrote, "In the 7 years I've been reporting the snowfall here at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, I've never reported more snow in a 24 hour period than I did today - EIGHTEEN inches! Some of the locals may have given up on winter and resigned themselves to corn snow and spring sunshine..." With the recent warm temps and bluebird days that have turned the snow into bulletproof, crusty snow, many of us have been waiting weeks for this snowstorm and the resultant revival of the mountain. Today's going to be unbelievable!!!

Have a great weekend. I know I will.

No comments: